Akildia Foot Cream for Diabetics (#991119 75ml)
Specifically Designed For The Care of Diabetic Feet.
Speeds Tissue Repair. Improves the Skin's Natural Defences. Prevents Skin Lesions and Hyperkeratosis.
In a study of diabetic runners, 80% reported no pain after using Akildia once a day for 3 months.
The number one cream for diabetic foot care.
Akildia is the result of collaboration between diabetologists, podiatrists and pharmacists. It is recommended in hospitals, and is recognised by The French Diabetes Association.
Protects skin against harsh external factors.
Prevents dehydration and limits the risk of hyperkeratosis.
Preserves the skin’s barrier function.
Speeds tissue regeneration.
- PCA Lipoaminoacid - Soothes and maintains the skin's physiological balance
- Natural Shea Butter - Healing, moisturizing, anti-inflammatory
- Centella Asiatica - Healing, anti-oedema, veinotonic
- Vitamin A - Encourages cell renewal and helps prevent Hyperkeratosis
- Vaseline/Lanolin complex in a non-occlusive o/w emulsion - Moisturizes
- Essential Fatty Acids - Restores the Hydro-Lipid barrier
50% of leg amputations are performed on diabetics.
The risk of foot infections is 40 times higher in diabetics.
Risk of gangrene is 17 times higher in diabetics.
25% of diabetic hospitalisations are the result of FOOT problems.
PREVENTION IS KEY:
Regular screening for neuropathy and arteriopathy.
Monthly pedicures, daily foot examinations.
Daily use of a foot product to prevent hyperkeratosis, moisturize the skin and retain its protective role.